Welcome to the Website of McKean
Rabies Reports and Information for Erie County......
Submitting Animals for Rabies Testing
- If the suspect is a wild mammal; contact the PA Game Commission (PGC) for help in capturing and submitting the animal. See the blue pages of your phone book for the number of your local PGC office or go to http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/site/default.asp.
- If the suspect is a domestic mammal, then consult your veterinarian for help in euthanizing and submitting the animal.
- You may also call your local PDA Regional office for information on submitting mammals for rabies testing. See Regional Offices to find the appropriate contact information for the regional office that covers your area.
- Detailed information on submission is available on the PADLS web site: http://www.padls
- Legend for map is as follows:
- CT= Cat
- D = Dog
- FX = Fox
- GH = Groundhog
- H = Horse
- R = Racoon
- S = Skunk
for more information regarding the attached article, please refer to the following websites:
Adobe Acrobat document [64.3 KB]